There are often doubts about whether to repair or replace the air conditioning unit. It starts wearing down and not working to its full capacity; there is no need to make an impulsive decision. A decision can easily be formulated after taking note of a number of factors.
If you require an AC repair contractor in Janesville, WI, Arch Heating and Cooling INC. is exactly the company you are looking for. With a team of well-skilled professionals, they offer efficient servicing for your air conditioning systems.
Factors to Consider While Deciding if You Want to Repair or Replace Your AC System
When it comes to an air conditioning system, there are plenty of factors to consider when you are contemplating whether you want to repair the system or get a completely new one:
- Age of The Unit: Age is an extremely important factor while deciding on your choices. It is advisable to replace an air conditioning unit if the age of the unit has exceeded up to 10 to 15 years. However, a repair for even an air conditioning unit with less than 10 years of utility is not advised unless it is an easy fix, as it may not be very pocket-friendly.
- Repair Costs: As stated previously, if the age of the unit is more than 10 years, replacing the air conditioning unit may be a better investment for you. Air conditioning units require certain repairs from time to time. However, if the repairs are frequent, the costs will build up over time.
- Breakdown Frequency: If there are frequent breakdowns of the air conditioning units, the ongoing repairs add up, and performing the repairs on an older unit does not make much sense.
What Must You Consider While Replacing an AC Unit?
Keep The Following Pointers in Mind While Considering Replacing Your Air Conditioning Unit, Instead of Simply Repairing it:
- Check The Age of The Air Conditioning Unit: You should replace the unit if it has been utilized for over 15 years.
- Check The Safety of The Air Conditioning System: If your air conditioning unit is leaking carbon monoxide, it is not a good sign.
- Keep The Repair Costs in Mind: If you are paying more than 50% of the cost of a replacement in a repair service, it is probably a good time to replace your air conditioning unit.
- Check The Efficiency of The Air Conditioning Unit: A replacement is recommended if your energy bills are also rising, even with regular maintenance checks.
- Consider The Prevalence of The Repairs: If you are being forced to carry out frequent repairs for your air conditioning system, a replacement is recommended instead of carrying out hefty repairs.